We’ve been updating our stock and have loads of gift ideas we wanted to share with you all! Here’s our top 5 gift ideas for friends and families with newborns and small children (I so wish I had a newborn so I could buy a Christmas Easyfit nappy!):
1) Christmas nappy – we are usually all about the longevity of products but we couldn’t resist the Christmas Easyfit prints – Ginger, Robin and Rudolph. Anyway, who cares, we can wear this all year and not just on Christmas Day, especially as it’s a birth-to-potty nappy! We have limited stock of this excellent-performing nappy which recently won the Mother & Baby Gold award. If you’re not familiar, it’s a pocket nappy, top-side bamboo, pocket-side microfibre, in three cute waterproof prints. It does take longer to dry than our cotton and complete microfibre alternatives but it’s a fab nappy and highly recommended.
2) Mother & Baby balms – we’re always sceptical about creams, especially when they say they can be used with cloth nappies and don’t damage the nappy. [As an aside, always use a liner if using a barrier cream.] Simon from the NZ Honey Shop paid us a visit one Tuesday afternoon about a year ago and since then, we and our customers have been Baby Balm fans. So we jumped at the chance of stocking the Mother & Baby balms gift pack. One 50g pot of Mother balm – perfect for cracked nipples, stretch marks – and one 50g pot of Baby balm – perfect for nappy rash, psoriasis, chafing. All at a 15% discount on the recommended individual prices.
3) Imajo Fairtrade dolls – we’ve personally bought and given so many of these dolls as presents in the last five years, that we decided to stock themselves! Fairtrade and made by hand in Sri Lanka, these dolls are cute and cuddly and your child can have hours of fun with the removable clothes. Perfect gifts for the little one in your house. Special price of 13.99 if you quote ‘Blog’ at point of sale.
4) Frugi Sleeping Gown – these sleeping gowns are always a fab present for parents, but so many people don’t know about them! Made from organic cotton, these gowns cocoon your baby and make it feel snug and safe. Nappy changes are a breeze as you roll up the gown, no need to wrestle with legs in babygros. Bonus integral scratch mittens. Available in neutral cow, blue lion or pink sheep. Other fab organic Frugi clothes also available instore or online.
5) Last but not least Sophie Le Giraffe is the perfect teething toy for your baby. Made from natural rubber, perfect for babies to suck, chew or squeeze. In fact, a squeeze makes Sophie laugh! The muted colours stimulate the child’s senses and gums are soothed when chewed.
PS We couldn’t shout about our gorgeous range of Disana blankets as we currently don’t have them available online. Drop by our shop or call us for more details – pure organic merino wool receiving blankets, knitted cotton blankets perfect for cribs and cots or cotton flannel blankets perfect for swaddling. Again perfect presents for you or someone special.
Happy holidays from the Nappy Ever After team